Welcome to Resources for Parents
This page includes some resources for parents:
- How to build a relationship with your children’s teachers and school
- Helping with homework
- How to be involved
Information for this page will be updated to complement the seasons or major events. Currently our we all have a major event due to Covid-19, so we are providing information for parents to help their children while students are home from school Below are some activities you can share with your child:
- Reading — Find an age-appropriate book and read with your child. This is both an educational and highly enjoyable activity!
- Math — Next time you go to the grocery store, ask your child for some help. Which brand of flour is the cheapest? How many tomatoes can you purchase for under $5?
- Encourage them to pursue their passions. Is your child artistic? Athletic? Do they love animals? Help your child deepen their interest — whatever that may be.
- Direct them to free online learning. Ever heard of Khan Academy? GoNoodle? These sites may be your new favorites! See some of the online resources below for more ideas.
Free Online Learning Resources
- Khan Academy
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Mystery Science!
- Spelling City
- Highlights Kids
Please check this page for updates. We will also post update announcements on our Facebook page.
Sugt’stun Resource – Llangarlluni: Becoming Aware
Sugt’stun Word of the Day. “Nanwalegmiut Paluwigmiut-llu Nupugnerit, Conversational Alutiiq Dictionary, Kenai Peninsula Alutiiq.”
Our vision is to revitalize the traditional Chugach Native culture and language. The goal is to make Sugpiaq/Eyak history and heritage a part of the regular school curriculum with support and direction from our Elders’ traditional knowledge.
Llangarlluni: Becoming Aware program has extensive cultural classroom materials available for free about the Chugach Native People. These cultural materials are based upon Elders’ knowledge and experience.
Some of the resources include:
- Lesson Plans
- Heritage Kits
- Sugt’stun Language Teaching Tools
- Artistic Craft Activities
- Video Stories and Demonstrations
The materials are online: https://chugachheritageak.org/